Monday, January 21, 2013

Brag Tags - A Great Motivational Tool

 
Is anyone else using Brag Tags?  I just became aware of these over the summer and was immediately drawn to them.  I just knew that my students would love them and they do.  I visited www.imagestuff.com to peruse the offerings and couldn't get over how darn cute they all are.  I decided to go with tags that would cover achievement for attendance (each quarter), math (XtraMath addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), reading (100 books read and 100 pts for AR), and a special one that all students received for being a part of our 2nd grade class.  I designed three of them myself and the rest are the company's designs.  You can see all of them in the picture below.  I use this display to remind the kids what they are working towards. 
 
 
Next to the display, I have numbered (the student's number in class) magnets (I found these in the school supplies clearance section at Walmart) that hold up each student's chain with their Brag Tags displayed.  Oh, those chains - I purchased them from Imagestuff, too.  As the students earn tags, we have a little acknowledgement ceremony and I add the tag to their chain.  I was very concerned about students breaking and losing their chains before the year is over, so we keep them displayed and they get to wear them during the school day when they receive a new tag and for our school's quarterly award ceremonies.  They are just such sweet kiddos.  They get so tickled when one of their classmates receives a new tag that they will actually walk over to congratulate the student.
  

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to use brag tags this upcoming year!! Mine just came in!! I like those hooks that you put them on. Where did you get those? Are they magnetic? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says in her paragraph she got the magnetic hooks at Walmart.

      Delete
  2. How often are you giving them out to students? And do they keep them on the chain for the entire year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It said in her paragraph she got the magnetic hooks at Walmart.

      Delete